Dog Mania comes to Exhibition Centre Liverpool in March 2018
~ Liverpool set to welcome the region’s largest dog show ~
~ The perfect day out for your furry best friend ~
~ Two action-packed days of indoor family fun ~
This Easter will see Dog Mania arrive at Exhibition Centre Liverpool for the very first time – over the weekend of Saturday 31st March and Sunday 1st April over a thousand of dogs will be in the city for what is set to be the region’s largest and most exciting dog show ever!
Organised by Merseyside Dogs Home, Dog Mania builds on the previous success of Bark in the Park, which has been staged at Calderstones Park in Liverpool since 2014. With the growing popularity of the now annual event, the 2018 spectacle will take place in the indoor city centre venue for the first time.
Founder Paul Dunne commented, “Dog Mania will be our best and most action-packed event yet and we are delighted to have such a large indoor space where we can really create something special – we hope the 2018 show can raise as much as possible for Merseyside Dogs Home to help continue to support all the great work with our four-legged friends in the region”.
Guests are encouraged to bring along their canine companions for what is set to be a lively and varied itinerary over the two days – Dog Mania will combine live demonstrations, competitions, health checks, expert pet advice, photo-shoots, grooming…and even a doggie chill-out zone!
The show dog display teams will be attending from as far afield as Norfolk, with some performing in Liverpool for the very first time. Visitors can delight in watching the stunning shows in the main arena, including the Dog and Duck Show, K9 2000, Kipperridge Gun Dogs, plus returning local favourites H&M Dog Training. The highly skilled handlers will be showing off their dogs’ obedience skills and agility, with everything from fire jumps to musical routines from the gun dogs and even an amazing performance from a duck-herding border collie!
Come along to meet our dog experts and veterinary professionals, where you can learn more about your dog’s diet, pick up health tips, ask questions and understand why your dog may behave in a certain way. Also see the brave rescue heroes, Dogs with Jobs, where you can meet (and stroke!) the real heroes of the show. Plus the dogs from both Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service and Merseyside Police will be at Dog Mania with their handlers to talk about the work carried out by these amazing animals.
Throughout the weekend, the dogs themselves will be able to take centre stage in The Fun Dog Show. Taking place in the main arena, this ever-popular friendly competition will see winners crowned in different categories, including Best In Show, Good Citizen Award and Fastest Dog. There’s even a Happiest Dog award, scientifically judged using our special wag-o-meter, with the grand final taking place on Easter Sunday. Hosted by CBeebies ‘My Pet & Me’ presenter, Ferne Corrigan, and with seven different categories there’s something for every dog – and even if yours isn’t lucky enough to win they may still take home a rosette. Entry into one show class is automatically included with each admission ticket meaning there’s no reason why your dog can’t be a star of the show!
So whether you’re a dog lover, a dog owner, or know someone who is, then this two-day event is truly tailor-made – with guaranteed fun for all the family, Dog Mania is the must-see event this Easter!
For tickets and more information go to:
Venue Box Office: 0344 809 4620
~ Tickets start at just £11.00 for adults and £6.60 for children (under 2s free) – subject to booking fees ~
~ Family tickets, weekend passes, and concessions are available ~
Notes to Editors:
About ACC Liverpool
- ACC Liverpool is home to BT Convention Centre, Echo Arena and Exhibition Centre Liverpool
- Exhibition Centre Liverpool, which opened in September, increased the existing 7,125 sqm of exhibition space at ACC Liverpool to 15,225 sqm of integrated and flexible event space
- The venue is located at Kings Dock at Liverpool Waterfront, adjacent to Albert Dock.
- It is linked to the existing facilities at ACC Liverpool via a pedestrian link bridge and is the only purpose-built interconnected arena, convention and exhibition centre in Europe and includes an integrated hotel, Pullman Liverpool
- The umbrella company, The ACC Liverpool Group, has generated more than £1.2bn in economic impact to the local economy.
About Merseyside Dogs Home
- Merseyside Dogs Home (MDH) is a charitable entity (registered charity no. 1161947) founded in May 2013 by Paul Dunne in response to a gap in the market left by the RSPCA’s withdrawal from dealing with stray dogs in the region.
- Based in Halewood, Liverpool, the centre is open daily and finds homes for hundreds of dogs each year – in 2017 they received 700 lost dogs from the Merseyside region that were found new homes for.
- At any one time MDH will have 60 dogs in kennels and around 35 ready to go into new homes. All of the dogs are Vet checked, flead, wormed and inoculated and have pet insurance and microchips.
Merseyside Dogs Home is also seeking volunteers to assist on the show days (Saturday 31st March and Sunday 1st April 2018) – visit merseysidedogshome.org for more information.